Q What is an Electronic Travel Authority?
A An Electronic Travel Authority (Electronic Travel Authority) provides authorisation to travel to and enter Australia and is electronically linked to your passport. It is for short term stays for tourism or business visitor activities such as attending a conference, making business enquiries or for contractual negotiations. Business visitor activities do not include work. An Electronic Travel Authority is not a work visa. If you would like to work in Australia you can use our Visa finder to search for a Visa that is suitable for you, visit www.border.gov.au/trav/visa-1.
Q What do I need to make an application?
A To apply for an Electronic Travel Authority online you must be outside Australia. An Electronic Travel Authority is for short term stays for tourism or business visitor activities. You must have your passport, e-mail address and a valid credit card to complete the online application. The detais you provide in your online Electronic Travel Authority application need to be exactly the same as they appear in your passport. You must use the same passport that is linked to your online Electronic Travel Authority application when you travel. Anyone who arrives in Australia without a valid travel document, visa or authority can be refused entry to or delayed until their identity and claims to enter Australia have been confirmed.
Q Which credit cards will the Department accept?
A The Department accepts payment by MasterCard and Visa.
Q Can I work in Australia with Electronic Travel Authority?
A No. It is illegal to work on an Electronic Travel Authority. You are not allowed to work on an Electronic Travel Authority. If you work in Australia on an Electronic Travel Authority, you risk being details and removed and you may be subject to a three year exclusion period. You will likely be liable for paying costs associated with your detention and removal from Australia. Our website provides further information on Australian visas that have work rights attached to them.
Q How long can I stay In Australia while on an Electronic Travel Authority?
A You can stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each visit. After your Electronic Travel Authority is granted you are able to enter and leave Australia as many times as you need to during a 12 month period, from the date the Electronic Travel Authority is granted or until the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earlier.
Q I am planning a holiday for more than three months in Australia. What should I do?
A With an Electronic Travel Authority you will be able to enter and leave Australia as many times as you need to during a 12 month period. However, if you are unable to leave every three months or have a different requirement you will need to apply for a visa which allows for a longer stay in Australia.
Q What browsers can I use on this site?
A We recommend you to use Chrome, Firefox or Safari rather than the latest version of Explorer.
Q Is the application form available in other languages?
A Yes. Online Electronic Travel Authority applications are available in English, German, French, Spanish, Malaysian, Japanese and Chinese-Traditional. Please, check the language select category on the top of the website.
Q Do age restrictions apply?
A No. Eligible passport holders of all ages can apply for an Electronic Travel Authority.
Q Can I include my children in my application?
A No. Each of your family members must submit the separate applications and have their own Electronic Travel Authority even if your children travel on your passport.
Q How long does it take to be approved?
A Mostly, it informs you the approval notification in 12 hours, but some applicants are required to submit supporting documents which makes it take much longer than expected. Should your application is not approved in time, check it again in 72 hours through clicking Find Your Visa tap to confirm if your application is finalized.
Q What if I have mistakes in my application?
A You should be very careful when you put your personal details. After you finish the filling the forms, you have an opportunity to review all the details you have provided and can change the wrong information. If you find any mistakes after your visa is approved, you could be charged additional amount for the re-process.

Note: If your visa information do not match with your passport details, you might experience delays when boarding your aircraft or be refused enter Australia.
Q What happens when applications are not approved?
A If your application is not approved we strongly recommend you to finalise your application through nearest Australian visa office.
Q My application is not approved, can I get a refund?
A Yes, you can receive the refund but the processing fee will be deducted from your full amount.
Q What if I currently hold a valid Australian visa?
A If you currently hold a valid Australian visa, you will be notified that your application is not able to proceed to the approval process of Electronic Travel Authority, and will receive a refund.
Q I am an Australian citizen. Do I need an Electronic Travel Authority to visit Australia?
A Australian citizens have a right to enter. So, you’re not required to have an Electronic Travel Authority to enter Australia.
Q Am I required to apply a visa if I'm transiting through Australia?
A You can stay at the airport for 8 hours without ETA. If you stay longer than 8 hours, you're required to get an ETA.
Q How am I verified by Airline or Immigration that my visa is authorized?
A They have similar systems allowing visitors to run an inquiry on visa status between Immigration, Travel agents, Airlines. Your passport information is listed and valid in Electronic Travel Authority immigration system once your application is approved. The airlines or cruise companies swipe your approved passport at check-in, electronically verifying your status in the Electronic Travel Authority system.
Q I did not receive any e-mail confirmation.
A Check your "Spam", "Bulk Mail" or "Junk e-mail" folder . If you find our e-mail there, select the confirmation message and click "This is Not Spam". This will help your future messages (for example visa documents) to get through.

Our site is using SSL encryption and
taking steps to secure credit card information.

auvisaeta.org is a private company not affiliated with the Government of Australia. We assist visitors from eligible countries to apply for an Australia Visa Online with advising our clients through the Australian visa process. If you wish to apply directly, you may apply through Australian Government.
If you wish to submit your application through the Australian Government website for a lower price and reduced assistances you may apply there. Our application service fee is USD 55. It is quoted with Government processing fee of application and Service charge. The applicants who doesn’t wish to submit through our website, can file an application through the Australian Government and Border Protection.

Copyright © 2009. All rights reserved.
This website process payments through the GOMINC-EU LTD (40 Bloomsbury Way, London WC1A 2SE, UK).